Thursday, December 30, 2010
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
and simply place the file in the localhost folder and browse it in an Internet Browser. You would simply have all the information you need. The result will be something like the picture down here(Take from Wiki)
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start
sudo /etc/init.d/kdm start
Second method, type startx command :
If nothing works, type xinit to star X server without KDE:
Now start kde with following :
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
For renaming the tab righ click on it and choose Edit Text.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
You got several websites and you want to publish something with not much differences in all of them. Then Live Writer is the right tool for you. It lets you add different weblogs(from Wordpress, blogger, etc) and update them with couple of clicks. There are other solutions that can publish one post(exactly the same thing) on several weblogs, but they lack some WYSIWYG feature or they simply do not work with some of your weblogs(Wordpress in my case). I can recommend this MS tool for bloggers
Download Live Writer from here.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
The plugin name is "Page Liks To". You can download it from here, or simply search the name from your Wordpress control panel. The instruction is as follows :
- Upload the page-links-to folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the “Page Links To” plugin in your WordPress administration interface
- Create (or edit) a page or a post to have a title of your choosing (leave the content blank)
- Down below, in the advanced section, find the Page Links To widget and add a URL of your choosing
- Optionally check the boxes to enable link opening in a new browser window, or 302 Moved Temporarily redirects
- Save the post or page
Done! Now that post or page will point to the URL that you choose
Source : http://txfx.net/wordpress-plugins/page-links-to/
Monday, November 08, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Network Upgrade for Ubuntu Desktops (Recommended) :
- System -> Administration menu->Software Sources application
- Open Updates from the Software Sources application window
- Change the Release Upgrade drop down to "Normal Releases" and close the application
- Press Alt-F2 and type update-manager
- Click the Check button to check for new updates.
- If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
- A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.Click Upgrade.Follow the on-screen instructions.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
if value in L:
print "list contains", value
Returns the index, where value exist in List, L :
i = L.index(value)
>>>> idx = 1
>>>> s1 = "pxthon"
>>>> s1[idx] = 'y'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "
> TypeError: object does not support item assignment
But you can always go for a way out which is not pretty and can lead to some problems if you are not careful, but works :
s1 = s1[0:idx] + 'y' + s1[idx+1:]
- Tackling the travelling salesman problem: prologue – gives some background on John’s plans
- Tackling the travelling salesman problem: introduction – defines the TSP and ‘NP-Hard’-ness, discusses how to represent the problem in Python and looks at some of the evolutionary-programming tools that will be used in the solution
- Tackling the travelling salesman problem: hill-climbing – John introduces the concept of a ‘fitness landscape’, how a hill-climbing algorithm can traverse the landscape and how to write the hill-climber with Python