Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sound problem with Ubuntu, HP 2530p

Before you go on, I should update this post with the good news that Ubuntu 9.10 supports the sound card on HP 2530p :-)
-----

Well HP 2530p sound card got a little bit trouble with Linux. For me everything was fine and recognized(I mean the sound card) but I just didn't have any sound out of my damn speakers ... my problem got fixed by adding following command to the modprobe.d(This is for Ubuntu) :

At Terminal Run,
#sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/options
add the following code,
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1 single_cmd=1 model=laptop

Other Linux :

For sound to work you need to add the following line to your /etc/modprobe.conf (or your distributions equivalent) file:
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1 single_cmd=1 model=laptop

Source (Edited for Ubuntu)

No comments: